Our mission as a family ministry is to join with God and partner with parents to create passionate followers of Jesus Christ in the new generation. We want to be a resource for parents as they lead their children from childhood beliefs to a lifetime of faith.
In order to do this effectively we strongly encourage parents to become members of Springvale, a member of a small group or serve with us as a volunteer on one of our ministry teams.
What is family Dedication?
Family dedication is a significant life stage milestone that is meant to be celebrated within the larger faith community. At Springvale family dedication is an opportunity for parents to:
- Publicly acknowledge that children are a gift from the Lord. Psalm 127:3-5
- Publicly commit to raising their child in accordance with God’s instructions in scripture Psalm 78:4-7 & Ephesians 6:1-4
- Publicly state dependence on the Lord John 15:5
- Publicly ask family, friends and the Springvale church community to support and encourage them in the commitments they are making. Hebrews 10:24-25
What are the requirements for participation?
- Dedicating parent(s) are: members of Springvale, or actively involved in a Springvale Life Group or currently serving as a volunteer on one of the ministry teams.
- Dedicating parent(s) have successfully completed the Family Dedication Application form. Email email@example.com for the form.
- Dedicating parent(s) attend the scheduled Family Dedication information session.
- Dedicating parent(s) attend the scheduled Family Dedication service.
what does family dedication have to do with salvation?
Family dedication is a church tradition. It is not taught in the Bible like baptism or communion is. Child
dedication does not impart salvation to the child. Salvation is a free gift of God given to someone who
by faith trusts Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and turns from their sin.
How is Family dedication different than infant baptism?
Family dedication is not baptism. Baptism is a significant milestone in a spiritual journey of a believer
– someone that has already put faith in Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins. Baptism is a way to publicly
identify with Christ in his death and resurrection. All who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ and have become followers of Him should be baptized.
When does the dedication service happen?
Family dedication is generally scheduled once per year during both of the services on that day.
How is the dedication service formatted?
The dedication ceremony takes place during a regular worship service which involves worship and
preaching from God’s Word. There will be intentional time set aside for introduction and prayer for the
families of the children that are being dedicated. Following our dedication services we host a light
reception in the foyer for family, friends and the church community.
How do I register to participate in the child dedication service?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the registration process.